To set up Multi-Factor Authentication for your Office 365 account, please follow the steps below:
- From your web browser, enter the following into the address bar at the top: https://aka.ms/MFASetup
- Enter your email address, then click Next.
- If prompted, please select work or school.
- Enter your Office 365 password (if you do not know your password, please give us a call – note that your email password may be different from your computer password).
- Click ‘Next’ on the ‘More information required’ screen.
On the ‘Additional security verification’ screen, please select ‘Mobile App’ and then ‘Use verification code’ and click “Set up” *
A new window will open titled “Configure mobile app”, if you don’t already have an MFA app on your phone please install Microsoft Authenticator from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
Then follow the instructions to finish the process
Click ‘Next’, then ‘Finish’.
You will be prompted to enter a code when logging into a new device, and then every 90 days thereafter.
Configuring Mail app on an iPhone:
If you use the default Apple Mail app on your iPhone, you may lose access to your email account once authentication has been enabled. If this happens, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button, then tap on the settings icon.
- Scroll down and then tap on “Passwords & Accounts”
- Tap on your work email account.
- Tap on “Re-enter password”.
- You should now see a password prompt similar to the one you see on your computer, please enter your password, and then the code you receive via text message.
- If you don’t have a smartphone you can select ‘Authentication Phone’ and enter your mobile number (make sure to remove the leading zero) to receive a text or call as verification although this method isn’t as secure.